OpenX is hiring a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our growing publisher sales team. The Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving revenue targets on the OpenX suite of monetization products to leading desktop and mobile publishers across Japan and Southeast Asia (SEA) regions. This role is based in Tokyo, Japan, and reports into the Commercial Director, Japan.
- Primary responsibilities include prospecting publishers for our OpenX Market monetization products; working with those publishers to present the OpenX Market value proposition; working through contract process; coordinating with Sales Engineers and Account Managers on implementation and ramp up, and ongoing strategic relationship management
- Achieve regional supply volume and revenue targets, including targets by product type – Ad Exchange, Bidder, PMP, Video and Mobile
- Consistently able to identify and cultivate incremental revenue growth opportunities through cross selling and upselling OpenX products
- Drive consultative relationships and ensure quality of new supply so we’re building a sustainable business
- Evangelize OpenX brand and products in the marketplace as a recognized leader in the industry
- Provide feedback loop to Product and Marketing teams to ensure continuous iteration and localization of our value proposition, market education, and delivery of successful products in the Japan/SEA markets
- Bilingual proficiency ; fluent in both Japanese and English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- 1-3 years of business development experience, and proven track record of meeting or exceeding targets
- Has a strong network of local and global online publishers and Japan/SEA ad tech landscape
- Proven sales experience in the online media business, including familiarity with publisher revenue models, and experience with mobile, video, online advertising and/or ad technology
- Experience building very strong personal relationships, overcoming tough issues in positive ways and building lasting inter-company partnerships
- Ideal candidate has previous experience at an online technology firm that sells solutions to publishers
- Ability to quickly learn and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy, self-motivated, and a passion for the online advertising market
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills – both inside and outside the company
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills, and strong business judgment; professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation
- Willingness to travel internationally, as needed
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens. At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising. For more information, please visit www.openx.com
Want to learn more about OpenX? Visit OpenX's website.
Jobs You May Like
Retention Specialist (Health and Wellness)
Nutrafol, New York, NY
BetterUp, San Francisco
Site Reliability Engineer
Advisor - Sales (Part-Time), Dairy Block
Warby Parker, Denver, CO
Hospitality Clerk - Part time / Full time
Factory Berlin, Berlin
Technical Program Manager - Software
Zoox, Foster City, CA