Web Application Support Engineer, Partner Services
OpenX, OpenX - Japan
Global Leader in Programmatic Advertising
The Web Application Support Engineer is a client-facing OpenX product “expert” who works to provide creative and timely resolutions for technical issues, product fixes, and enhancements for existing partners, and supports OpenX’s platform technology. Based in Tokyo, this role reports to the Sr. Director, Support Operations.
This role works closely with the rest of the global OpenX Support Team, QA, Product, Engineering, Sales, Solutions Architects, and Account Management teams to ensure that OpenX is delivering overall superior service and support. Success in this role hinges on strong cross-functional relationships within OpenX as stakeholders are located across various offices and time zones.
As a Web Application Support Engineer, you will ensure partnership success through achieving, or exceeding, defined SLAs and KPIs, while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Provide post-implementation support to customers who use OpenX Ad Exchange, Bidder, Ad Server, SSP, PMP, Mobile, and Video products
- Provide technical support to both supply and demand clients, sales engineers, and solutions architects via telephone, email, cases, or in person visits
- Manage customer support cases on a daily basis, including verifying cases, isolating, reproducing, and diagnosing product behaviors to determine root-cause(s); issue workarounds and solutions
- Works quickly and cross-collaboratively with Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Product teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving customer-impacting product issues
- Ensure seamless adoption of new product offerings, successful product releases, platform changes, and/or product enhancements, and gathering customer feedback for product managers
- Continuously leverage knowledge gained about products to develop new scripts and tools to improve and enhance the support experience and speed of investigations
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an online knowledge base of articles and known issues/solutions
- Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
- Participate in the design, development, and/or continuous improvements of key processes that facilitate the scaling of our business as our market and products grow
- Bilingual proficiency ; fluent in both Japanese and English
- Strong knowledge of common Linux commands and shell scripting
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol, and familiarity with HTTP response codes and their meanings
- Familiar with common browser-based debugging tools (LiveHTTPHeaders, FireBug, Inspector)
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP and basic networking mechanisms
- Strong experience with relational databases, including MySQL; ability to write advanced SQL queries
- Strong experience in data analysis techniques using Excel, SQL, R/Shiny, or other advanced analytics
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking systems such as Salesforce.com, Siebel, Remedy, Clarify, etc.
- Experience building debug and testing tools and scripts to simplify investigations.
- Knowledge of any or all of the following programming languages: Perl, PHP, CGI, XML, REST API
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate directly with customers
- At least three years (3) of technical support experience
- BS or equivalent (Computer Science, Engineering, or related) and with a strong academic record
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task and thrive within a fast-paced environment while continuously improving current business practices/processes
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high-quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens. At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising. For more information, please visit www.openx.com
Want to learn more about OpenX? Visit OpenX's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Executive
Customer Account Executive
Twilio, Munich, Germany
Sales Development Representative
Meetup, New York
Core Enterprise Account Executive- Tokyo/エンタープライズセールス
Dropbox, Tokyo, Japan
Sales Development Representative
New College Grad: Inside Sales Representative
Red Ventures, North Charlotte