Business Development Director, Publisher Solutions
OpenX, OpenX - Pasadena
Global Leader in Programmatic Advertising
OpenX is looking for a senior business development executive to join our Pasadena office. This executive will possess significant experience in the online publisher space and be focused on generating revenue by representing OpenX to a specific group of top tier publishers. The focus of their role will be on finding strategic, long term partnership opportunities that leverage the OpenX publisher product suite to drive increased value for the publisher from their existing content assets. This position is an important member of the team that will be expected to leverage deep knowledge of their partners, and the broader online publisher market to maximize publisher revenue and establish long-term engagement partnerships. The ideal candidate will also contribute to product knowledge and market feedback, further improving our understanding of the markets in which we compete. This person will be the “CEO” of OpenX’s relationship with their assigned publishers and will be expected to be an excellent partner to the other publisher facing teams in OpenX such as Account Management and Publisher Engineering.
- 3-7 years experience in sales and operations developing a deep knowledge of your publisher clients, their business, and their business objectives. Become the expert within OpenX on these important existing and potential partners
- Identify opportunities to partner with your publisher clients, drive significant value for them, and leverage the strengths of the entire suite of OpenX products
- The ability to lead all aspects of a top tier publisher relationship. This will include executive meetings, business development discussions, contract negotiations, account planning, technology planning, and long term opportunity identification.
- The ability to identify new areas for technical innovation, or iteration, and provide actionable insights to our product and technology teams
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Publisher business models, ad serving, ad exchanges, RTB, Programmatic Premium, PMP and online ad technologies focused on driving publisher value. Experience working with complex business terms, technology integrations, and across an organization.
- Strong set of existing relationships with Comscore 1000 publishers at the decision-making level preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, strong business judgment and professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation. A strong quantitative orientation is an asset.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding all goals, developing business development strategy and leading successful partnerships with top tier publishers
- Superior written, presenting & oral communication skills
- High energy, self-motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment. Comfortable with a dynamic, high change company and industry.
- Ideal candidate will have worked at an ad technology company or one that sells technology and monetization solutions to publishers.
- BA/BS degree required, graduate degree and/or engineering degree preferred
Company at a Glance
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens. At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising. For more information, please visit www.openx.com