Patient Support Manager
Helping people see better. We’re a technology company with a human touch.
Patient Support Manager
WHO WE ARE
Opternative, the leader in the digital eye care, is seeking a Patient Support Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit and an enthusiasm for healthcare innovation. Opternative has created the most convenient, scientifically accurate and clinically validated alternative to the traditional eye exam. Consumers can now take an online refractive eye exam from anywhere, at any time, and receive a prescription for contacts and glasses from an Opternative physician - all for a fraction of the cost and hassle.
Since launch, Opternative has developed and validated the technology, successfully filed patents, initialized commercialization, and has a proven record of market traction. In the years to come, Opternative’s goal is to use its digital, refractive eye exam as a beachhead for additional eye care products and cloud based services delivered by eye care providers through our platform. We are a committed and intense team building a trusting and diverse environment where agility, hard work, and velocity are key.
- Of the 7.3 billion people in the world today, 63% are considered to be in need of vision correction.
- Here in the U.S., just over 75% of the adult population uses some form of vision
- The potential addressable market is over $10Bn.
WHO ARE YOU
You have a passion for operational excellence and process optimization. You sweat the small stuff, because you know every customer interaction matters. You are comfortable leveraging data and metrics to fine tune every facet of your team.
In this role, you will apply your operational expertise to understand and refine how our patient support representatives interact with our customers, partners, and physicians. Your positive attitude will set the tone for how every customer interacts with our platform on a daily basis. You will partner will Product, Finance, and Support team to identify opportunities, drive solutions, and ensure successful outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Passion for process optimization and efficiency
- 5+ years of customer service / call center/ operations experience
- Strong proficiency (3+ years of experience) with CRM tools and call center tools (salesforce, desk.com, etc.)
- Ability to maintain, interpret and drive department level metrics
- Proven track record of driving operational excellence
- Works well with people of all backgrounds and finds ways to motivate and garner productivity
PLUS: Healthcare background
- Work with Team Leads to manage day to day operations and strategy of growing Patient Support Teams
- Manage staffing levels, daily work assignments, and call center software
- Design/implement metrics to monitor team and individual performance
- Identify opportunities for process automation and work directly with product team to deliver on those opportunities
- Coordinate with Product and Business Development to successfully onboard new partners operations teams to the Opternative Platform
- Work with Opternative ophthalmologist network to institute product changes and manage administrative tools to help enhance and enrich our back-end experience to advance the success of our patients' journeys.
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance, medical and dental
- Subsidized lunches and fully-stocked snacks
- Free eye prescriptions from the Opternative system
- CTA pass reimbursement
- Discounted gym membership
- Professional development and education stipend
- Flexible vacation and work from home policy (work hard and take time when you need it)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Improving lives with vision care. We believe affordable, convenient vision prescriptions are a good thing. We started Opternative to provide a safe, online option for vision testing. It's a way to get prescriptions between eye exams. Eyes stay healthy. People can see clearly. It's a win-win. Our technology connects doctors and patients in new ways. Cost, time and hassle don't have to be barriers to seeing anymore.
Want to learn more about Opternative? Visit Opternative's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.