Product & Business Analyst
Helping people see better. We’re a technology company with a human touch.
WHO WE ARE
Opternative, the leader in the digital eye care, is seeking an Account Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit and an enthusiasm for healthcare innovation. Opternative has created the most convenient, scientifically accurate and clinically validated alternative to the traditional eye exam. Consumers can now take an online refractive eye exam from anywhere, at any time, and receive a prescription for contacts and glasses from an Opternative physician - all for a fraction of the cost and hassle.
Since launch, Opternative has developed and validated the technology, successfully filed patents, initialized commercialization, and has a proven record of market traction. In the years to come, Opternative’s goal is to use its digital, refractive eye exam as a beachhead for additional eye care products and cloud based services delivered by eye care providers through our platform. We are a committed and intense team building a trusting and diverse environment where agility, hard work, and velocity are key.
- Of the 7.3 billion people in the world today, 63% are considered to be in need of vision correction.
- Here in the U.S., just over 75% of the adult population uses some form of vision
- The potential addressable market is over $10Bn.
WHO ARE YOU
You breathe data and analytics but are even more passionate about delivering insights to tackle big, hairy, audacious challenges. You love brainstorming the big picture as much as rolling up your sleeves and sweating the details. You are a problem solver. There is a lot to be done.
In this role, you will apply your quantitative expertise to look beyond the data and understand how patients, partners, and users interact with the Opternative platform. You will partner with Product, Engineering, Finance, Support and Business teams to solve problems, identify trends, and elicit new opportunities. You will help inform, influence, and drive key product and operational initiatives that delight users and create meaningful business value.
- Passion for designing and building elegant and intuitive data products that solve core business problems
- Strong proficiency (3+ years of experience) with SQL Databases (i.e. Hive/Presto, Postgres, Redshift, MySQL)
- Proficiency (3+ years of experience) with Google Analytics
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain Analytics Reports
- Proven track record delivering solutions within an Agile Software Development lifecycle
- Experience with BI solutions, such as Tableau or similar
PLUS: Hands-on programming experience with Python (e.g. Jupyter, Pandas, NumPy, SciKit)
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize product requirements from key stakeholders
- Design/monitor product analytics, identifying trends and behaviors to move key metrics (e.g., user funnels and cohort analysis)
- Design/monitor business and finance analytics, identifying trends and behaviors to move key metrics (e.g., user funnels and cohort analysis)
- Automate analyses and author SQL-based data pipelines using redash
- Organize and structure large amounts of data into compelling reports and dashboards
- Deftly communicate learnings and evangelize data-driven recommendations with product, business and leadership teams
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance, medical and dental
- Subsidized lunches and fully-stocked snacks
- Free eye prescriptions from the Opternative system
- CTA pass reimbursement
- Discounted gym membership
- Professional development and education stipend
- Flexible vacation and work from home policy (work hard and take time when you need it)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Improving lives with vision care. We believe affordable, convenient vision prescriptions are a good thing. We started Opternative to provide a safe, online option for vision testing. It's a way to get prescriptions between eye exams. Eyes stay healthy. People can see clearly. It's a win-win. Our technology connects doctors and patients in new ways. Cost, time and hassle don't have to be barriers to seeing anymore.
Want to learn more about Opternative? Visit Opternative's website.
393 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.