Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Helping people see better. We’re a technology company with a human touch.
Who We Are
Opternative is a technology company that helps people see better. We started Opternative to provide a safe, online option for getting prescriptions between eye exams. It's a win-win for the patients we serve: eyes stay healthy; people see clearly.
Our technology connects doctors and patients in new ways and we're looking for more than just skilled and talented individuals. We are looking for outliers and non-traditional thinkers because the Opternative Online Vision Test is anything but traditional.
Our success is built upon Agility, Innovation, Passion, Continuous Learning, and Accountability. Do you have what it takes?
Senior Software Engineers architect, prototype, build, test, and deploy new features and functionality for our online vision test and vision care platform. You will work across our development stack to implement new eye tests, interfaces, APIs, and intuitive users experiences. You will be expected to meet code, source control, and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Also, you'll contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Product team.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of experience is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter
- In-depth knowledge of Ruby on Rails, unit testing, and relational databases
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience
- The ability to work locally from our Chicago office (we have a flexible work from home policy too)
Bonus If You Have It
- Experience with Node.js and web sockets
- Experience with native mobile development (e.g. Objective-C, Swift, Android NDK)
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance, medical and dental
- Subsidized lunches and fully-stocked snacks
- Free eye prescriptions from our doctors on staff
- CTA pass reimbursement
- Discounted gym membership
- Professional development and education stipend
- Flexible vacation and work from home policy (work hard and take time when you need it)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Improving lives with vision care. We believe affordable, convenient vision prescriptions are a good thing. We started Opternative to provide a safe, online option for vision testing. It's a way to get prescriptions between eye exams. Eyes stay healthy. People can see clearly. It's a win-win. Our technology connects doctors and patients in new ways. Cost, time and hassle don't have to be barriers to seeing anymore.
Want to learn more about Opternative? Visit Opternative's website.
Jobs You May Like
Christian Care Ministry, Colorado Springs, CO | Melbourne, FL
SigFig, San Francisco
Fullstack Engineers for new Tradeshift Unit focusing on Emerging Technologies
Tradeshift, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hudl, Omaha NE
Tech lead (Wuhan)