Strategic Account Executive
Optimizely, Minneapolis MN, US
Optimizely is the world's leading experience optimization platform.
It is our job to acquire and cultivate relationships with our most strategic customers through proactive targeted efforts by effectively aligning internal resources to their needs. In the Strategic role we work with Fortune 500 organizations who spend upwards of 25-200M in digital advertising.
About the Job:
- Responsible for Annual Recurring Revenue (new + expansion + renewal of accounts)
- Strategically OWN the accounts in your territory and grow the “book of business”
- Understand the business direction and goals of the accounts as a whole
- Add value to the customer long-term by becoming a subject matter expert in vertical to be a trusted advisor who understands business value - industry knowledge, competitive landscape, core business model for that vertical
- Account plan for future product expansion and to grow accounts over time
- Create an executive network within accounts in territory
- Map relationships from executives to users with the Optimizely account team
- Meet with customers in person when needed (travel up to 30%)
- Project manage across multiple business units within accounts
- Work with internal departments to coordinate resources to make account successful
- Manage legal/procurement process to create scalable global agreements
- Minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience selling enterprise software solutions
- Experience selling SaaS solutions, CMS, CRO Software, email technology, website analytics, or software platform solutions
- Experience working from a home office
- Ability to build outbound pipeline
- Experience developing executive relationships
- Experience mapping internal and external resources to accounts
- An understanding of marketing technology trends to help recommend product direction (both Optimizely specific and other 3rd party)
- Understanding of corporate structures to guide business + legal discussions
- Detailed account planning experience (not just territory planning)
- Experience getting wide and deep within accounts (execution of account plan)
- Background of managing complex deal cycles (detailed close plans, separate business and technical evaluation tracks, manage detailed contract negotiations)
- You are coachable and willing to learn new skills
- You are self-motivated, hardworking and proactive
- You have a strong business acumen
- Wellness Grant
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Optimizely is the world’s leading experimentation platform, enabling businesses to deliver continuous experimentation and personalization across websites, mobile apps and connected devices. Optimizely enables businesses to experiment deeply into their technology stack and broadly across the entire customer experience.
The platform’s ease of use and speed of deployment empower organizations to create and run bold experiments that help them make data-driven decisions and grow faster. To date, marketers, developers and product managers have delivered over 700 billion experiences tailored to the needs of their customers.
At Optimizely, continuous experimentation isn’t a product, it’s our DNA. It’s why we never stop trying new things and pushing ourselves to deliver for you. The way we see it, you’re the expert on your customers and your business. It’s our job to help you stay that way, getting sharper every day and turning even the most commonplace interactions into opportunities to learn and grow.
Because the most successful businesses aren’t the ones with all the answers. They’re the ones that keep asking the big questions.