Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Optimizely, San Francisco CA, US
Optimizely is the world's leading experience optimization platform.
At Optimizely, the Frontend Application is the front lines of the user experience of Optimizely’s platform and our ambition is to become the most user-friendly optimization platform in the world. This is an exciting opportunity for a frontend engineer to do work spanning all of Optimizely's product lines, including experimentation (web, full stack, mobile, and over-the-top-device), personalization, and recommendations.
Our stack: We build with React and manage state with NuclearJS, our open-source Flux implementation using Immutable.js data structures. We write ES2015 and leverage Webpack and Babel to deliver an application that is written with clean code and is performantly delivered to our users. Our React components and Sass code are reusable and generic, and live standalone in the freely available OUI.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to lead efforts in scaling both our application and our growing frontend team.
Why is this exciting for you?
- You believe that you can magnify the productivity of frontend engineers around you by investing in the proper tools, technologies, and patterns.
- You have a passion for taking ambiguous large scale problems and architecting a solution from the ground up, setting the path for engineers to build on top of the groundwork that you construct.
- You are excited by the idea of rallying engineers around you to solve a deep customer problem, even when no one asked you to.
What you will be doing
- Leading the design and architecture of the frontend application, ensuring that we consistently improve our platform so we can deliver features quickly with high reliability and scalability.
- Leveraging your experience to mentor junior developers on how to think about component design, data modeling, and system architecture to take an ambiguous product request to a concrete, testable solution.
- Monitoring the latest and greatest frontend trends to understand what the team can benefit from.
- Pioneering new frontend initiatives and championing them to the rest of the frontend team.
- Working with product managers and designers to implement novel, easy-to-use solutions to complex technical problems.
- 5+ Years Frontend Engineering Experience
- You have production experience on single-page frontend applications.
- You are excited by making fast user experiences and enjoy tackling ambiguous performance problems.
- You’ve architected frontends for several engineers with reusability, modularity, performance/scalability, and reliability in mind.
- You’ve introduced new technologies to an existing codebase in a logical and deliberate manner.
- You’ve worked with APIs, having to build them from scratch or augment existing ones as needed.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, etc. and have strong empathy for your customers.
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch and dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Optimizely is the world’s leading experimentation platform, enabling businesses to deliver continuous experimentation and personalization across websites, mobile apps and connected devices. Optimizely enables businesses to experiment deeply into their technology stack and broadly across the entire customer experience.
The platform’s ease of use and speed of deployment empower organizations to create and run bold experiments that help them make data-driven decisions and grow faster. To date, marketers, developers and product managers have delivered over 700 billion experiences tailored to the needs of their customers.
At Optimizely, continuous experimentation isn’t a product, it’s our DNA. It’s why we never stop trying new things and pushing ourselves to deliver for you. The way we see it, you’re the expert on your customers and your business. It’s our job to help you stay that way, getting sharper every day and turning even the most commonplace interactions into opportunities to learn and grow.
Because the most successful businesses aren’t the ones with all the answers. They’re the ones that keep asking the big questions.