Staff Software Engineer, Application Backend
Optimizely, San Francisco CA, US
Optimizely is the world's leading experience optimization platform.
Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. At Optimizely we are the Experimentation Platform that enable some of largest companies in the world to to turn data into action.
As we continue to enhance our enterprise class experimentation platform, we are looking for a senior engineer to help lead and create our next wave of services and architectural changes. We want you to be idealistic but pragmatic, creative but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code and infrastructure. Scale and performance are part of everything we build. You’ll be building the foundation that enables us to empower billions of experiences across all of our customers.
Does this sound like you? Come join us!
What you will do:
- Design and implement next generation core application backend components
- Identify when to replace and when to rebuild legacy systems
- Design and enhance all systems to be Enterprise Class (Reliability, Scalability, Performance, Security, etc)
- Work with monitoring and observability experts and use your own expertise to improve observability
- Educate internal customers on how to best venture into our codebase
- Organize, plan, and lead large projects through to completion
Some technologies we work with:
- Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Docker, Jenkins, Linux
- Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Monitoring and observability tooling
What sets our Application Backend Engineers apart:
- Work with colleagues that get you fired up every day and are super smart!
- Learn more about our engineering organization by visiting our blog
- We’re engaged in the Developer Community. We are after-all not just developers but we are also building products for developers. You’ll see us at PyBay (Bay Area), Austin Python Meetups and more
- We’re not locked into a specific technology stack. You’ll be working with and picking the latest technologies to do the job right. Some of the technologies we work with include: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Monitoring, and observability tooling
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- You look at engineering problems holistically and have developed best in class products
- You stay on top of technical trends, and know how to use them pragmatically
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- You have experience with Python
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Flexible vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Optimizely is the world’s leading experimentation platform, enabling businesses to deliver continuous experimentation and personalization across websites, mobile apps and connected devices. Optimizely enables businesses to experiment deeply into their technology stack and broadly across the entire customer experience.
The platform’s ease of use and speed of deployment empower organizations to create and run bold experiments that help them make data-driven decisions and grow faster. To date, marketers, developers and product managers have delivered over 700 billion experiences tailored to the needs of their customers.
At Optimizely, continuous experimentation isn’t a product, it’s our DNA. It’s why we never stop trying new things and pushing ourselves to deliver for you. The way we see it, you’re the expert on your customers and your business. It’s our job to help you stay that way, getting sharper every day and turning even the most commonplace interactions into opportunities to learn and grow.
Because the most successful businesses aren’t the ones with all the answers. They’re the ones that keep asking the big questions.
Want to learn more about Optimizely? Visit Optimizely's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr Software Engineer - Java Full Stack Developer - Data Product Development
Visa, Foster City CA, US