Staff Software Engineer, Data Analytics
Optimizely, San Francisco CA, US
Optimizely is the world's leading experience optimization platform.
At Optimizely, the Data Platform is the core foundation driving all our Experimentation and Personalization products that directly impact the customer experience. The Platform is leveraged across all product lines from spanning Analytics, Targeting, Recommendations and large-scale Ingestion. This platform processes billions of events a day and we’ve built many sophisticated, real-time data pipelines that can power a variety of analytical queries at web scale.
We are looking for a strong Backend Engineer to build cutting-edge analytical capabilities on the Data Platform for our rapidly growing enterprise customer base.
Why is this exciting for you?
We have recently made a strategic bet on the modern Data Science technical stack using Notebook technology as our next general Analytical offering. We are just getting started on this new, exciting Product and you’ll play a key role in influencing this Product’s roadmap and direction
- You will build highly scalable systems and services that ingest, deduplicate, count, aggregate, store, and archive these events as well as serve real-time analytics insights.
- You’ll be challenged to engineer solutions that need to work at enterprise grade for our customers that send us their user activity events at web scale (6B+ and multiple TB/day).
Team’s accomplishments and contributions:
- Our Streaming Analytics architecture in highscalability, one of the top sites for Distributed Systems architectures
- Our presentation at LinkedIn’s Stream Processing Meetup on our use of Samza for Sessionization:
- Our presentation in Apache Big Data Conference ‘17 in Miami on the use of a Lambda architecture with Streaming:
- Apache Samza Case Study of Optimizely’s Streaming use cases
- Our Engineering blog
- You have experience building data-centric applications in a web-scale environment with scale, operability, and performance in mind.
- You’ve worked on systems leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) services. Hands-on development and deployment experience with Open Data platforms like Apache Hadoop, HBase or Spark would be a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other engineers, Product Managers, Site Reliability Operations etc.
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Optimizely is the world’s leading experimentation platform, enabling businesses to deliver continuous experimentation and personalization across websites, mobile apps and connected devices. Optimizely enables businesses to experiment deeply into their technology stack and broadly across the entire customer experience.
The platform’s ease of use and speed of deployment empower organizations to create and run bold experiments that help them make data-driven decisions and grow faster. To date, marketers, developers and product managers have delivered over 700 billion experiences tailored to the needs of their customers.
At Optimizely, continuous experimentation isn’t a product, it’s our DNA. It’s why we never stop trying new things and pushing ourselves to deliver for you. The way we see it, you’re the expert on your customers and your business. It’s our job to help you stay that way, getting sharper every day and turning even the most commonplace interactions into opportunities to learn and grow.
Because the most successful businesses aren’t the ones with all the answers. They’re the ones that keep asking the big questions.