- Oversight of at least two dedicated testing locations in the Boston & Greater Boston Region while working closely with Engineering to implement and support testing to evaluate all aspects of the autonomous system performance
- Prepare the vehicle software for driving (software updates, sensor calibration, etc.)
- Supervision and mentorship of technical Testing Ops full time and contract staff including Testing Specialists, Vehicle Operations Specialists, and other direct reports as needed
- Manage and support staff by holding weekly individual meetings, team meetings, and approving payroll/timesheets and paid time off requests
- Support all public policy engagement requiring data, reporting and general understanding of the company’s testing operations and overall program.
- Develop reporting tools for tracking safety and overall team performance
- Create policies and procedures for the safe implementation of Testing Operations
- Ensure the team is prepared and equipped to conduct demonstrations of the highest quality at all test locations
- Support the selection process of additional testing and demo locations
- Work cross functionally to deploy fully tested autonomy features to deployment sites
- Experience in managing a team size of 3 of more, including performance reviews and approving weekly time sheets for both full time employees and contractors
- Ability to provide technical mentorship to other team members
- Highly organized and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable and comfortable working with ticketing systems like JIRA
- Capable cross-functional collaborator
- Experience working with Engineering and technical teams with hardware based products
- Ability to travel 10-20% for deployment/demo site testing (including on short notice)
- Comfortable driving trailers to transport test vehicles within test sites in the Boston Metro area
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years experience in similar field
- Must be at least 21 years old with an active and valid driver’s license for at least one year
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Previous experience in the autonomous vehicle industry
- Degree in a technical field
- Familiarity with version control systems like Git
- Knowledge of a compiled or interpreted language (C, C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Experience debugging custom computer and sensor networks
- Previous experience maintaining vehicles (professionally or personally)
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride Inc. is an MIT spinoff company based in Boston, MA that develops technologies to enable efficient, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. We are designing a fully autonomous (level 4) system for electric vehicle fleets. We combine over 30 years of interdisciplinary university research in self‑driving technologies (DARPA Urban Challenge), electric vehicles (CityCar), and Mobility-on-Demand Systems. The team includes a decade of industrial and entrepreneurial experience that combines manufacturing robots, urban design, and shared vehicle fleet management.
Want to learn more about Optimus Ride? Visit Optimus Ride's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.