Software Systems Engineer - Robotics Systems
Optimus Ride, Boston, MA
- Build systems software running on self driving car compute systems
- Bring up OS on complex SoC boards and debug hardware-software interface issues
- Develop frameworks, tools and build systems for vehicle software upgrades and fleet monitoring
- Support CI/CD software delivery pipelines and software deployments via containers and virtual machines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to find elegant solutions to difficult problems
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Deep knowledge of Linux system internals such as kernel, network stack, device drivers, boot process etc.
- Proficient in C/C++
- Experience in Makefiles, CMake and scripting
- Experience with containerization and virtualization
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Jenkins)
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
- Experience with cross compiler toolchains, and ARM architectures
- Experience with securing and hardening systems, and public key infrastructure
- Experience with system-level performance profiling and tuning
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride Inc. is an MIT spinoff company based in Boston, MA that develops technologies to enable efficient, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. We are designing a fully autonomous (level 4) system for electric vehicle fleets. We combine over 30 years of interdisciplinary university research in self‑driving technologies (DARPA Urban Challenge), electric vehicles (CityCar), and Mobility-on-Demand Systems. The team includes a decade of industrial and entrepreneurial experience that combines manufacturing robots, urban design, and shared vehicle fleet management.
Want to learn more about Optimus Ride? Visit Optimus Ride's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS