Senior Software Engineer - Robotics and Control
Optimus Ride, Boston, MA
- Build software for a fleet of self-driving vehicles
- Develop planning, control, and estimation algorithms for the vehicles
- Design and build embedded systems for real-time control of the vehicles
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- MS or PhD in computer science, robotics, electrical/mechanical/aerospace engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Deep expertise in the modeling and control of dynamic systems
- Experience with estimation and filtering using techniques such as Luenberger observers and Kalman filters
- Excellent software development skills using C++
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
- Excellent knowledge of version control tools such as Git/Mercurial/SVN, and experience with software engineering processes such as code reviews and continuous integration
- Significant experience working in a production environment and writing quality code in C++
- Significant experience in designing controllers for nonlinear systems, with knowledge of stability theory, optimal control, and model-predictive or receding-horizon control.
- Significant experience with the modeling of nonlinear dynamic systems from first principles, with a deep understanding of Euler-Lagrange and Newton-Euler formulations, as well as the numerical implementations to simulate these systems.
- Significant experience with optimization-based techniques, such as mathematical programming (linear/quadratic/nonlinear/mixed-integer programming), as well as numerical solvers such as IPOPT, SNOPT, NPSOL, and packages such as Julia, Gurobi, Google OR-Tools, and COIN-OR
- Significant experience implementing controllers on physical robotic systems, especially on embedded computing platforms
- Significant experience working with other components of a robotic / autonomy software stack, especially implementing controllers that intersect with motion planning
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride Inc. is an MIT spinoff company based in Boston, MA that develops technologies to enable efficient, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. We are designing a fully autonomous (level 4) system for electric vehicle fleets. We combine over 30 years of interdisciplinary university research in self‑driving technologies (DARPA Urban Challenge), electric vehicles (CityCar), and Mobility-on-Demand Systems. The team includes a decade of industrial and entrepreneurial experience that combines manufacturing robots, urban design, and shared vehicle fleet management.
Want to learn more about Optimus Ride? Visit Optimus Ride's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Product Manager, Data Science & Machine Learning
Index Exchange, New York, New York, United States