Principal Consultant - SIEM & UEBA - Remote, anywhere in the US
Optiv, Denver CO, US
Security in perspective
The Principal Consultant plays a pivotal role in problem definition, discovery, and architecture of overall solutions in client environments. This role will perform SIEM and UEBA Consulting services either individually or as part of a larger team. The Principal Consultant will provide technical mentorship and guidance to more junior team members, as well as building technical relationships with our customers and partners by providing architecture, implementation, and operational support. They take a technical leadership role, and work with vendors and practice leadership to define how specific services are scoped and delivered. They provide exceptional services and support to strategic clients, setting the bar for others to aspire to.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with customers to help them articulate their business requirements and how those requirements translate into security features and functionality.
- Architect solutions to ensure that the customer's requirements are met.
- Can handle difficult questions and consistently wins support from client audiences.
- Can modify and change methodologies as required.
- Broad awareness of the security / technology space as a whole
- Recognized expert across multiple solution areas
- Able to present to large groups. Speaks as an authority.
- Provide mentorship to other technical staff members
- Provide technical assistance in scoping and other pre-sales activities
- Take technical leadership on complex client projects; oversee and guide work performed by other technical staff members.
- Work with vendors and practice leadership to define how specific services are scoped and delivered
• 10+ years of related work experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
• 8+ years of technical architecture experience with one or more SIEM and UEBA platforms (e.g. Splunk, Elastic, Exabeam, Securonix, QRadar, LogRhythm, etc)
• Highly experienced with multiple security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
• Understands the Services business, and the impact that decisions have to an organization
• Expert knowledge around networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, Linux), and security technologies (endpoint security, DLP, firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.)
• Strong understanding and experience working with application programming/scripting languages (Python, JSON, Java, C#, etc), as well as Regular Expressions.
• Experience with cloud-based service architecture
• Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, GDPR, etc.
• Strong understanding of various security frameworks and/or methodologies (e.g. MITRE ATT&CK, NIST, etc)
• Experience with the following technologies is highly desirable: Hadoop, Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka, Tableau, StreamSets, Salt, Elastic Stack (Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana)
• Willingness to travel to meet client needs (40-50%)
• Valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required
• Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
• Strong written and presentational skills; ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
• Technical writing experience
• Possess high standard of integrity and confidentiality
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations Managed Services and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect:
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge", a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable).Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Created in 2015 from the merger of Accuvant and FishNet Security, Optiv is the largest holistic pure-play cyber security solutions provider in North America. We help clients plan, build and run successful cyber security programs that achieve business objectives through our depth and breadth of cyber security offerings, extensive capabilities and proven expertise in cyber security strategy, managed security services, incident response, risk and compliance, security consulting, training and support, integration and architecture services, and security technology.
Want to learn more about Optiv? Visit Optiv's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer (Internal Tools)
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY