Optiv is seeking a consultant to work on Incident Response consulting projects. We are looking for an innovative and motivated consultant who can help customers prepare their environment and adapt to digital disruptions they face in their business.
As an incident response consultant, you will lead help clients respond, investigate and remediate attacks on their infrastructure.
You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. In line with our commitment to quality, you will consistently drive projects to completion and confirm that work is of high quality. When working on engagements, you will report to higher levels of management, who will expect you to anticipate and identify risks, and raise any issues with them as appropriate.
In line with Optiv’s commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Advanced capability ranking for delivery of one or more solutions
- Able to solo deliver on simple (single solution) projects or discrete portions of complex projects
- Active listener and knows which points are resonating and which are being perceived negatively.
- Effectively plays their role and not others (i.e., sales) during meetings.
- Can lead interactions with Client managers and below to complete consulting work
- Demonstrates leadership and self-management skills with no direct reports.
- Effective team communicator.
- Provides specific, useful upward feedback on deliverables.
- Effective at adapting methodologies to project needs.
- Detailed awareness of the security/ technology space for digital forensics, threat hunting and incident response
- Acts as contributor in Optiv communities for solutions of focus
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience performing in incident response roles that include containment and isolation, forensics, root cause analysis, and remediation.
- Perform authoritatively in the role as an incident management subject matter expert.
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Strong understanding and background in developing, conducting, facilitating proactive service engagements such as: Incident Response Plans, Playbooks, Maturity Assessments and Tabletop exercises.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems.
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 50-60%.
- Valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and presentation skills; ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Possess high standard of integrity and confidentiality
- Work with minimal supervisory oversight; able to independently work in a remote capacity.
- Remain current on information security, emerging threat trends and tools including methodologies to combat the same.
- Travel as needed to customer locations possibly including frequent travel with little to no advanced notice. International travel may be required.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices.
- Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures; coordinate escalations and collaborate with client technology teams to ensure timely resolution of issues
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations ? Managed Services and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect:
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge", a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable).Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Created in 2015 from the merger of Accuvant and FishNet Security, Optiv is the largest holistic pure-play cyber security solutions provider in North America. We help clients plan, build and run successful cyber security programs that achieve business objectives through our depth and breadth of cyber security offerings, extensive capabilities and proven expertise in cyber security strategy, managed security services, incident response, risk and compliance, security consulting, training and support, integration and architecture services, and security technology.
Want to learn more about Optiv? Visit Optiv's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos