Originate is passionate about innovation. We partner with Startups and Enterprises to Design, Build, and Operate transformative software moving the world towards an AI-Native Future and production as a service model.
Our Technology Environment
- Languages come and languages Go, but technology is always moving forward. Our team is always pushing.
- New products are built primarily using Scala, RoR, Node.js, and any number of front-end technologies (React, Ember, Angular...). Mobile development is either iOS or Android.
- You’ll find individuals hacking with everything else (Haskell, Clojure, Go, Scheme, Meteor…) and we’re always ready to use a new language or a new framework when it’s ready or when a project dictates.
- We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional, agile teams.
What Makes Us Different
- Our success is built upon our amazing team. You will work with smart, creative, and humble people that are passionate about building things, solving problems, and collaboration.
- We value your passions and interests. At Originate, 20% of your company time you can work on your own side-project/startup no strings attached; read more here.
- We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Through our Profit Sharing Program, you can share in 50% of Originate’s global profit.
- We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy.
Originate is looking for a Head of Engineering to help build, guide and grow one of the best software teams in Los Angeles!
If you can lead/grow a team of outstanding engineers and still maintain hand's-on expertise, we want to meet you!
- 5-10 years experience as a Software engineer with recent experience in at least one of our primary technologies: Scala, Node.js, Rails, iOS, Android.
- Experience with functional programming and/or the following is a strong plus: Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, Erlang
- Ideal candidate has experience with enforcing best practices, tuning engineering process, TDD, code reviews, and CI.
- Ideal candidate has built and provided technical leadership for teams of 5-20 engineers.
- Any background in consulting or partner facing software development is a nice plus.
- BS or MS in CS, Computer Engineering, EE, or Math is strongly preferred.
A digital product development and venture firm—designing, building, operating, and investing in transformational software products.
Be a Better Originate Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Originate when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Originate? Visit http://www.originate.com/
Jobs You May Like
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Community Associate - LA Area (Contract)
Lyft, Los Angeles, CA
Grants Evaluation Associate (Contract)
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Freelance Designer (Experiential)
Refinery29, New York
Business Analyst Intern
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Retail Store Designer
Warby Parker, New York, NY