Originate is passionate about innovation. We partner with Startups and Enterprises to Design, Build, and Operate transformative software moving the world towards an AI-Native Future and production as a service model.
At Originate, designers are creative thinkers, passionate problem solvers, and relentless advocates for the end-user. They work to understand the audience's needs, goals, and desires — then use this knowledge to craft compelling product experiences that deliver real and lasting value.
We are seeking a hands-on Director of Design to lead visual design and branding efforts, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of designers, product managers, and developers to deliver innovative work for our partners. The candidate will be responsible for the full UI workstream. The candidate should have solid experience with designing for software interfaces and apps, as well as possess a broad design skill set. This role reports into the VP of Design.
What Makes Us Different
- Our success is built upon our amazing team. You will work with smart, creative, and humble people that are passionate about building things, solving problems, and collaboration.
- We employ the latest innovations in technology to solve challenging problems in a variety of industries. You will be tasked with learning new skillsets required for designing and building products in rapidly changing fields, such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and Virtual Reality.
- We value your passions and interests. At Originate, 20% of your company time you can work on your own side-project/startup no strings attached; read more here.
- We believe in partnership and the power of shared outcomes. Through our Profit Sharing Program you can share in 50% of Originate’s global profit.
- We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy.
- We have a consistent and fair process for doing performance reviews and promotions, with a well-documented career ladder.
- We’re mom, dad, and family-friendly - we like to see people in the office as much as possible, but we’re extremely flexible about working from home and taking time to manage family responsibilities.
- We place a high value on an inclusive, diverse working environment - we have a “People @ Originate” working group dedicated to brainstorming improvements and informing leadership around how we can continuously grow and improve.
Lead the UI and branding track on projects for mobile, web and other digital software products
Mentor junior designers
Participate across all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and testing)
Confidently present the work and supporting rationale to internal and external stakeholders
Create and maintain polished and thoughtful deliverables and documentation
Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the product design team
Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and advocate for design excellence
7+ years designing for the web, mobile, and/or digital products.
4+ years work experience at a major digital agency, tech/product startup or Fortune 1000 company’s internal product/UXD group.
Provide both design oversight and hands-on creation of highly crafted user experience and visual design deliverables, including wireframes, customer journeys, personas, concepts, and screen designs.
Working experience with rapid prototyping (from whiteboarding and paper to using tools such as Invision, Pixate, and Axure).
Mastery of design software including Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
Ability to work iteratively in a highly Agile, Lean UX, and Scrum environment.
A passion for design and technology with an entrepreneurial spirit.
4 year college degree in design, art, new media, human factors, behavioral science, or applicable.
A digital product development and venture firm—designing, building, operating, and investing in transformational software products.
Be a Better Originate Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Originate when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Originate? Visit http://www.originate.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Interaction Designer
IDEO, New York, NY
Wish, San Francisco, United States
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Facilities Operations + Design Coordinator
Assistant Technical Designer
Bonobos, New York, NY