Originate is a rapidly growing, high-energy, high-caliber software design shop. We partner with startups and enterprises to design, build, and operate transformative software moving the world towards an AI-Native Future.
Our design team is a dynamic group of entrepreneurs in residence who are obsessed with designing and building great software products.
What Makes Us Different
Our success is built upon our amazing team. You will work with smart, creative, and humble people that are passionate about building things, solving problems, and collaboration.
We value your passions and interests. At Originate, you can work on your own side-project/startup 20% of your company time no strings attached; read more here.
We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Through our Profit Sharing Program, you can share in 50% of Originate’s global profit. We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy.
- Lead the UI and/or UX tracks on projects for mobile, web, and other digital software products.
- Participate across all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and user testing).
- Present the work and supporting rationale confidently to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the product design team.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and advocate for design excellence.
- Create highly crafted visual and UX design deliverables, including interface designs, wireframes, personas, product concepts, prototypes, and style guides.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A passion for design and technology with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A strong communicator, with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Collaborative and versatile team player with the ability to work iteratively in a highly Agile, Lean UX, and Scrum environment.
- Positive and responsive self-starter with a good work ethic and attention to detail.
- 5+ years of experience designing for mobile and web-based software (service design, native apps, platforms, web-based tools, and transactional responsive sites).
- 3+ years of experience working at a major digital agency, tech/product startup or internal product/UXD group.
- Mastery of design software including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision, as well as prototyping tools, such as Axure, Framer, and Principle.
- Ability to develop personas, user journeys, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes. (UX research and testing experience a plus).
- Ability to create moodboards, design concepts, interfaces, and visual design systems. Solid skills in typography, iconography, and photography/imagery development. (Branding, video, and animation experience a plus).
- 4-year degree in design, art, new media, human factors, behavioral science, or applicable.
A digital product development and venture firm—designing, building, operating, and investing in transformational software products.
Be a Better Originate Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Originate when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Originate? Visit http://www.originate.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product / UI Designer
Peloton, NY HQ
Experience Designer, New Graduate 2018
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Werkstudent Visual Graphics Design (m/w)
Senior Art Director - Photo-Studio (f/m)
Digital Designer (f/m)
Fall 2017 Public Relations Internship
Time Inc., New York, NY