We bring together world class designers, product managers, and engineers to create groundbreaking digital products for our partners.
At Originate, designers are creative thinkers and passionate problem solvers. They work to understand the audience's needs, goals, and desires, and then use this knowledge to craft compelling and useful experiences that deliver real and lasting value.
What Makes Us Different
- Our success is built upon our amazing team. You will work with smart, creative, and humble people that are passionate about building things, solving problems, and collaboration. creating products that meet customer needs and solving problems through collaboration and innovative thinking.
- We employ the latest innovations in technology to solve challenging problems in a variety of industries. You will be tasked with learning new skillsets required for designing and building products in rapidly changing fields, such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and Virtual Reality.
- We value your passions and interests. At Originate, 20% of your company time you can work on your own side-project/startup no strings attached; read more here.
- We believe in partnership and the power of shared outcomes. Through our Profit Sharing Program you can share in 50% of Originate’s global profit.
- We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy.
- We have a consistent and fair process for doing performance reviews and promotions, with a well-documented career ladder.
- We’re mom, dad, and family-friendly - we like to see people in the office as much as possible, but we’re extremely flexible about working from home and taking time to manage family responsibilities.
- We place a high value on an inclusive, diverse working environment - we have a “People @ Originate” working group dedicated to brainstorming improvements and informing leadership around how we can continuously grow and improve.
- Lead the UI track on projects for mobile, web, and other digital software products.
- Participate across all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and user testing).
- Present the work and supporting rationale confidently to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the product design team.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and advocate for design excellence.
- Create highly crafted visual and UX design deliverables, including interface designs, wireframes, personas, product concepts, prototypes, and style guides.
- A passion for design and technology with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A strong communicator, with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Collaborative and versatile team player with the ability to work iteratively in a highly Agile, Lean UX, and Scrum environment.
- Positive and responsive self-starter with a good work ethic and attention to detail.
- 5+ years of experience designing for mobile and web-based software (service design, native apps, platforms, web-based tools, and transactional responsive sites).
- 3+ years of experience working at a major digital agency, tech/product startup or internal product/UXD group.
- Mastery of design software including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision, as well as prototyping tools, such as Axure, Framer, and Principle.
- Ability to develop personas, user journeys, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes. (UX research and testing experience a plus).
- Ability to create moodboards, design concepts, interfaces, and visual design systems. Solid skills in typography, iconography, and photography/imagery development. (Branding, video, and animation experience a plus).
- 4 year degree in design, art, new media, human factors, behavioral science, or applicable.
A digital product development and venture firm—designing, building, operating, and investing in transformational software products.
Be a Better Originate Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Originate when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Originate? Visit http://www.originate.com/
Jobs You May Like
Print & Packaging Designer
Birchbox, New York
Senior UX Design Manager, Device Services
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Hardware Prototyper (Contract)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
User Experience Designer