Director of Product Management
Originate, San Francisco
A digital product development and venture firm
Originate brings together world-class product managers, engineers, and designers to create groundbreaking digital products for our partners. As a Director of Product Management at Originate, you will lead a small team as product managers as well as run product development projects, acting as the critical, central hub between project team members, our partners, and Originate executive management.
You will play a key role in shaping products in a diverse range of industries and explore the application of cutting edge technology to meet customer needs. Every project at Originate will challenge you to apply your product management expertise to develop solutions for new audiences, businesses, and technologies.
At Originate, the Product Manager’s mission is to work with our partners and team members to deliver great products, no matter what.
- Our success is built upon our amazing team. You will work with smart, creative, and humble people that are passionate about creating products that meet customer needs and solving problems through collaboration and innovative thinking.
- We employ the latest innovations in technology to solve challenging problems in a variety of industries. You will be tasked with learning new skillsets required for designing and building products in rapidly changing fields, such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and Virtual Reality.
- We value your passions and interests. At Originate, 20% of your company time you can work on your own side-project/startup no strings attached; read more here.
- We believe in partnership and the power of shared outcomes. Through our Profit Sharing Program, you can share in 50% of Originate’s global profit.
- We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy.
- Passion for developing innovative web and mobile products from idea to launch.
- Expertise in UI/UX and holistic product design.
- Experience leading and building a team of 2-3 Product Managers.
- Experience working with a technical team to actually implement the product. Creating pretty wireframes is one thing, but how do you turn an idea into a real product.
- Experience with a Product design process that can be repeated and replicated on different technical platforms and various business domains.
- Expertise in cross-platform design and understanding the nuances of designing for different platforms (Web, iPhone, iPad, Android,...) so that the user experience is strong and consistent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, Agile environment with constant iteration...yes! Three months of meetings and focus groups to determine who the users are and what they want…Not really
- A 4 year degree is important, but not required. Ideally, a strong education in Art, Design, UI/UX or Usability would be strongly preferred.
A digital product development and venture firm—designing, building, operating, and investing in transformational software products.
Be a Better Originate Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Originate when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Originate? Visit http://www.originate.com/
Jobs You May Like
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Director of Design (Product)
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Originals (Launch Strategy Team)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Engagement
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA