Hi, we’re Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the Role:
The team serves as the primary point of escalation around network and provider issues for all internal departments. This highly-specialized team of Oscar network experts investigates and resolves complex issues through a variety of means, including outreach to providers, site visits and coordinating with other Oscar teams. The Complex Provider Case team sits within our broader Network Department, which oversees operations of our provider networks across all markets.
- Work closely with provider and member service departments to ensure comprehensive and efficient resolutions on issues within strict deadlines
- Conduct provider outreach to educate, investigate, advocate and build/maintain positive relationships with our provider network
- Participate in special projects to improve team processes so that the team can continue scale as Oscar expands to new products and geographies
- Provide regular feedback on workflows to improve as a team
- You are resourceful and enjoy solving complicated problems
- You are energized by helping people and seeing the positive impact of your efforts
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills and can effectively distill complex concepts into high-level summaries
- You are diligent and self-motivated
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity
- You are self-aware and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You have intermediate or advanced computer literacy skills
Other desired qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Prior healthcare and/or customer service experience
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Director of Customer Loyalty and Retention
Glossier, New York City
Host Operations Specialist(1 year contract)
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Peloton, Dedham, MA
Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance (m/f)
HelloFresh, Berlin, London, Amsterdam
Market Manager, France
HotelTonight, Paris, France
Customer Success Manager
Sailthru, San Francisco