Oscar Jr Site Reliability Engineering
Oscar business is based on trust. From our members relationship with the concierge team, to the protected health information we store, a trust chain weaves through all that we do. The Site Reliability Engineering team at Oscar is one of the links in this chain; decisions we make at the infrastructure and platform layers will impact the integrity, availability and security of our services, ultimately affecting all point of interaction with members and providers.
As an Oscar Jr. SRE, you’ll be joining a diverse and passionate team of builders and operators. We take pride in our ability to operate complex machinery and resolve incidents with a cool demeanor.
What we’re actually doing:
The following is a list of daily tasks our team is currently responsible for:
- Triage and help resolve a variety of requests coming from the rest of the organization.
- Measure and monitor availability, latency and overall system health.
- Engage in capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and systems tuning.
- Improve and keep documentation up to date.
- Help overall knowledge sharing across Oscar.
You at Oscar
- You care about operations.
- You care about automation.
- You are able to juggle competing priorities.
- You’re open minded about technologies, whether it be a new shiny new thing or an arcane, ill-conceived protocol; our company may be new, but the healthcare industry isn’t!
- Able to maintain calm while troubleshooting production issues.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience.
Anything else is “yak shaving”.
We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Android
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
CDN Reliability Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Creative Developer (University Grad)
Squarespace, New York, NY
Software Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Software Engineer, Kafka Data Pipelines
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Technical Program Manager - Game Store
Twitch, Seattle, WA