Health care is big and complicated. At Oscar, we have the privileged position of touching many parts of the system and getting access to the associated data. The Population Health team uses this data to better understand and modify Oscar’s health care costs and deploy programs and tools. You’ll work alongside data scientists, statisticians, nurses, doctors, and designers to drive population health initiatives across the company.
We’ll throw you in the deep end, expect you to understand complexity, distill it, explain it and drive improvements across the business. Some of the questions we tackle include:
- How do we intelligently and creatively support our sickest members?
- How can we make sure members are matched with the right level of care when they need it?
- How can we figure out what someone is sick with when data is incomplete?
- How can we build meaningful and scalable programs?
- How can we use data to better predict the care a member needs?
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualities include:
Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- Knowledge of health care, health economics, health policy, or health insurance
- A technical bent and the ability to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python)
- Deep analytical skills
Be someone that gets things done
- Use data analysis to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and produce tangible results
- Be able to put together a project plan and work throughout the company to hold teams accountable and drive results
- Enjoy experimenting and iterating on ways to solve a problem
Zoom in and out
- Willing to sweat the details when you need to but also have a view on how to shape the bigger picture
- Enjoy switching in and out of business, clinical and social ways of thinking
Above all, be thoughtful, humble, and team-oriented.
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist - student position
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv
Talent Program - New Grad
Director of Consumer Research
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Sr Analyst Merchant Services
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Business Analyst Lead, Driver Experience
Lyft, San Francisco, CA