Health care is big and complicated. At Oscar, we have the privileged position of touching many parts of the system and getting access to the associated data. The Population Health team runs data-informed programs to improve member health and to modify Oscar’s costs. You’ll work alongside nurses, doctors, designers, data scientists, and care guides to drive population health initiatives across the company.
We’ll throw you in the deep end, expect you to design, test, and improve systems and processes to address unstructured problems in coordination with departments across Oscar.
- How can we contact members most effectively and efficiently?
- How can we persuade members to see a doctor?
- How can we motivate providers?
- How can we leverage internal data and existing programs to learn about a member’s current health?
- How can we work more effectively with our partners to achieve key business goals?
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualities include:
Be someone that gets things done
- Use data analysis to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and produce tangible results
- Be able to put together a project plan and work throughout the company to hold teams accountable and drive results
- Enjoy experimenting and iterating on ways to solve a problem
Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- A technical bent and the ability to use tools to answer your own questions
- Deep analytical skills
Zoom in and out
- Willing to sweat the details when you need to but also have a view on how to shape the bigger picture
- Enjoy switching in and out of business, clinical and social ways of thinking
Above all, be thoughtful, humble, and team-oriented.
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Quality Assurance Analyst
AKQA, San Francisco
Senior Data Scientist (Anomaly Detection)
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654
Product Manager - Data R&D GemFire
Pivotal Software, Beaverton, Oregon
Senior Software Engineer, Product Engineering
Quantcast, San Francisco
Data Quality Analyst
Origami Logic, Bangkok, Thailand