Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
In Engineering, we do that by building reliable and maintainable applications, infrastructure, and interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, and (yes!) ourselves.
As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll be joining a tight knit, passionate team of builders. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency == everyday).
What we’re actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- A search engine that effectively and efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A platform to securely, accurately, and automatically make electronic payments to providers.
- A system to adjudicate claims quickly and with startling accuracy.
- A generalized platform to communicate with people via various channels, including email, snail mail, push notifications, and SMS.
You at Oscar
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building high-performance, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed software systems.
- You have at least 2 years of professional work experience.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives. .
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Windows Infrastructure Security Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Member Contact Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Technical Sales Intern (Undergraduate Student)
IBM, Multiple Cities
Senior Software Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE / ProdOps Engineer)
Schoology, NYC HQ
Program Manager, Desktop
Slack, San Francisco