Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human. In Engineering, we do that by building reliable and maintainable applications, infrastructure, and interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, and (yes!) ourselves. As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll be joining a tight knit, passionate team of builders. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency === everyday).
What we’re actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- A search engine that effectively and efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
An app that securely allows members to message with their doctors and Oscar the same way they message their friends and family
A suite of tools that powers our concierge teams to offer best in class member services
A contract and plan development environment to configure and expose the inner workings of our internal claims engine.
- A suite of React components to align functionality and styles across all of Oscar’s web properties.
You at Oscar
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building beautiful interfaces that are a joy to use.
- You like working closely with product and design teams.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds and levels of experience welcome.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer - Server - Social Casino
Product Marketing MBA Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Cloud Architect (m/f)
Senior Software Engineer
Cardlytics, Cardlytics Headquarters - Ponce City Market
Senior Web Developer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte