Hi, we’re Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the Role:
In this role, you will support the launch of our Medicare Advantage business. You will join our Risk team and work directly with actuaries, data scientists and our business strategy team to support functions across the organization. You will own all aspects of actuarial work related to the Medicare Advantage business. This is a new and exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model reach new members.
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint for Oscar as we rapidly grow in new markets and products, with a focus on Medicare Advantage. This includes providing the necessary actuarial support to build out the functions, product and service offering required for new product lines
- Develop and lead the rate pricing and filing processes for Medicare Advantage
- Maintain good relationships and open lines of communication with our regulatory agencies
- Reporting for both internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain pricing models and methodologies, perform various trend analyses, and experience monitoring
- Development of forecasts for line of business as well as other analyses associated with new product lines, new business, vendors/partners, provider contracts, etc.
- You're a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries or on track to become one
- You have 5-10 years of relevant actuarial experience in healthcare, with a focus on Medicare Advantage
- You have mastered foundational actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, valuation, modeling, and product development
- You’re have familiarity with the Affordable Care Act and related financial & regulatory reporting
- You have strong Business acumen and knowledge of the healthcare industry, products, and business cycles/trends
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills
- You're able to work well with a smart, passionate, and growing team
- You have a preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where every day offers new challenges
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.