Location: Tempe, AZ
We are Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
As a Workforce Analyst you’ll be responsible for forecasting call volumes and staffing requirements to ensure resources are maximized across the organization. The WFM conducts quantitative analysis to provide recommendations for developing workforce plans. This includes forecasting, capacity planning, scheduling, and change management to ensure that KPIs are met.
- Provide analysis of historical data for long-range capacity planning/staffing models, projections, forecasts and scheduling.
- Formulate concepts and provide strategic recommendations to leadership to address complex, high level strategic workforce planning issues regarding the changes in business processes to improve performance and the customer experience. Understand and communicate how this impacts service targets.
- Develops and promotes innovative methodologies for supply/demand and workforce forecast models; Performs gap and oversupply analysis
- Leads the work to develop and enhance the Workforce Playbooks (systems, process, tools, and reports) that support the business operations
- Synthesizes, analyzes and identifies key findings (skill mix; payroll and productivity; supply and demand)
- Keep current on the workforce management tool overall; including but not limited to implementations, usage and recommendations for future upgrades/utilization
- Tracks performance metrics related to workforce planning.
- Provide analytical support for special projects.
- Manage changes to scheduling to ensure adequate daily resource coverage.
- Ensure hours are accurately accumulated and categorized in a format compatible with company and department payroll procedures.
- Analyze PTO submissions and approve/deny based on their effect on operations.
- Use accuracy of schedule measurements for continuous improvement, including making recommendations to improve scheduling efficiency and team member satisfaction.
- 2-5 Years experience in Workforce Management, preferably in contact centers with at least 50 employees.
- 2 years of experience in Forecasting - must be able to recognize, follow, and analyze trends in the market and be able to prepare and present reports, charts, and tables detailing these market factors to company heads.
- Bachelor degree preferred, or 3 plus years relevant work experience.
- Experience with Workforce Management software (scheduling, performance tracking, reporting)
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, with emphasis on forecasting.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Ability to be highly organized with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to organize information and have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, management team, other Departments, vendors, and outside agencies, including being sensitive to professional ethics.
- Ability to work occasionally evenings and weekends to meet deadlines.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.