As Regulatory Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal and Compliance teams responsible for providing guidance on the application of and compliance with applicable regulation to Oscar’s businesses. We currently operate in the individual market in New York, California and Texas (both on- and off-exchange). We anticipate further geographic expansion and new product offerings. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Prepare, advise and/or manage regulatory filings, licensing and reporting requirements
- Draft policies and edit existing policies to ensure Oscar’s compliance with applicable state and federal law
- Design strategic and/or operational initiatives to satisfy regulatory concerns and/or comply with regulatory requirements
- Provide thought leadership on regulatory and industry developments, including identification and assessment of regulatory risks and the ongoing monitoring, tracking of relevant regulatory proposals
- Partner and interact with regulators and government agencies
- Manage regulatory matters, including information requests, audits and/or investigations
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and experience from a law firm and/or in-house experience
- 7+ years of healthcare industry compliance and/or legal experience
- Highly organized, detail oriented, collaborative team player, who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities and interests of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Financial Accounting & Advisory Services
Accordion Partners, New York
Financial Accountant (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
Receptionist / Office Administrator
Director, Risk Management
Indigo, Boston, MA
Payroll Analyst (AZ)
Oscar, Tempe, AZ
Business Intelligence Architect
App Annie, San Francisco