Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We’re changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space — and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise to seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
In this role, you will support the launch of our government programs business. You will join our Actuarial team and work directly with actuaries, data scientists and our Business Strategy team, and support functions across the organization. You will own all aspects of actuarial work related to the government programs business. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model reach new members.
What is the position?
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint for Oscar as we rapidly grow out the Medicare Advantage line of business. This includes providing the necessary actuarial support to build out the processes, and analysis for product and service offerings required
- Develop processes for and lead the development of Medicare Advantage bids
- Maintain relationships and open lines of communication with our regulatory agencies
- Own related reporting for both internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain pricing models and methodologies, perform various analyses, and experience monitoring
- Provide input into the development of forecasts as well as other analyses associated with this new product line
Who are you?
- You're a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries or on track to become one
- You have 5+ years of relevant actuarial experience in healthcare, with a focus on Government Programs
- You have mastered foundational actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, valuation, modeling, and product development
- You have familiarity with Medicare Advantage and related financial & regulatory reporting
- You have strong Business acumen and knowledge of the healthcare industry, products, and business cycles/trends
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills
- You're able to work well with a smart, passionate, and growing team
- You have a preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where every day offers new challenges
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Manager - South Central Kansas (Wichita)
Indigo, Wichita, Kansas
Resource Manager (m/f/d)
Accounts Payable Specialist
IT Senior Business Systems Analyst - People Systems
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Senior Risk Analyst, Acquisition Strategy
OnDeck, New York, NY