Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We’re changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in this space — and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and to seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
In this role, you will support the geographic expansion of our business in the both the Individual and Small Group marketplaces. You will join our Actuarial team and work directly with actuaries, data scientists, and our Business Strategy team, while additionally supporting actuarial functions across the organization. You will support all aspects of pricing work related to the Individual and Small Group markets. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model reach new members.
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint for Oscar as we rapidly grow our service area
- Support the rate development and regulatory filing processes
- Build and maintain models leveraged in the pricing process
- Build reporting for both internal and external stakeholders
- You're an Associate in the Society of Actuaries or on track to become one
- You have 2+ years of relevant actuarial experience in healthcare, preferably with a focus on pricing
- You have an excellent ability to author SQL statements to analyze data
- You’re comfortable navigating large data sets
- You have a strong desire to learn about the ACA and the healthcare industry as a whole
- You’re able to thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- You have excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.