Senior Counsel, Provider Networks & Contracting
Oscar, New York
A better kind of health insurance company
You will be a key, senior member of the Legal team responsible for supporting the Oscar Network team through drafting and negotiating network agreements with providers for Oscar’s individual, small group, and Medicare Advantage products, advising on Medicare and other health insurance regulatory issues, and supporting operational initiatives. We are licensed to operate in New York, California, Texas, New Jersey, Tennessee, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, and Arizona, and we anticipate significant geographic expansion and new product offerings (including Medicare Advantage) in 2020. You must thrive in high growth and fast-paced environments.
- Serve as lead counsel on strategic joint venture agreements with hospital systems, and major deals with large physician practice groups and ancillary providers and delegates.
- Provide strategic advice to Oscar’s Network team on network construction and composition, value-based contracting, new market entry and related issues
- Provide legal guidance and counsel to multiple business teams on Medicare and provider-related state laws, rules and regulations Manage and coordinate responses to provider agreement issues and disputes
- Monitor regulatory and industry developments to identify and respond to regulatory risks
- Design operational initiatives to satisfy regulatory concerns and/or comply with regulatory requirements
- Serve as an Oscar Legal team leader on all issues related to Oscar’s provider network
- Represent Oscar in provider-related communications with state and federal regulators and government agencies as necessary
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and experience practicing in a law firm and/or in-house
- 10+ years’ experience drafting, negotiating, and structuring payer-provider agreements for both commercial and Medicare Advantage products with experience in value-based reimbursement schemes, payer-provider joint-ventures, or similar strategic transactional practice
- Highly organized, detail oriented, dependable team player, who thrives in high growth and fast-paced environments
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities, and the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and collaborative, with a deep sense of personal accountability, ownership, and pride in your work
- Desire to work in a dynamic and exciting space in SoHo, with all the expected perks of a tech startup
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in-house for a healthcare provider or payer
- Experience working for a tech startup
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A)
Getaround, San Francisco, CA
AKQA, San Francisco
LendUp, Oakland, CA
Senior Data Analyst - Content Policy
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Quantitative Associate, Corporate Strategy and Pricing
Oscar, New York