We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, healthcare and service companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Oscar is seeking a smart, energetic, diligent and organized Regulatory Operations Coordinator to join the California team. The Regulatory Operations Coordinator will: be involved in the coordination of California provider and network regulatory filings and support the Regulatory Affairs team in coordinating regulatory meetings. In addition to working closely with the California team and Legal, the Regulatory Operations Coordinator will work with stakeholders across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing provider and network filings required by law.
- Maintain databases for regulatory and legal documents
- Maintain calendar for filings and other regulatory requirements
- Prepare and file required documentation with state regulators
- Assist Legal, Compliance, and Finance teams in responding to information requests and audits from state and federal regulators
- Project management responsibilities across initiatives
- AA or BA
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with strong work ethic, follow-through skills and overall good judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player with simultaneous ability to work autonomously and manage competing demands and shifting priorities
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working with Covered California, the Department of Managed Health Care, or California advocacy groups
- Understand the Affordable Care Act and health insurance industry
- Have worked at a startup
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.