Oscar’s team of world-class engineers, data scientists, and healthcare experts has come together to tackle the health industry’s toughest problems. We’re a start-up that’s reinventing how to manage care, process medical claims, control healthcare costs, and provide transparency—with all the complexity hidden behind an easy experience for our members.
We think the best people should work on the hardest problems. Join us.
Oscar engineering is building modern software to reinvent the healthcare experience. Our interns work on high-impact projects across our front-end, mobile, platform, and data teams, building rich web applications, product backends and services – and the infrastructure that supports it all.
We set our interns for success: you’ll have the guidance and mentorship of one of our senior engineers, and we’ll pair you with a team that matches your interest. We want our interns to get a hands-on understanding of the different types of problems we’re solving and work on projects that excite them.
- Interactive care router using React and Google Maps, backed by a healthcare guidance engine based on NLP techniques
- Building easy-to-understand interfaces for our internal teams that aggregate and distill complex data sets
- Ingestion of health events via a real-time data pipeline, and a timeline to let members view their health history including doctor’s appointments, lab results, prescriptions, etc
- Building and improving the software infrastructure we run on: cluster management, service discovery, continuous integration
- Android and iOS apps for members to access their health information on the go and track their fitness activity
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has picked up good engineering habits at a previous internship
- Is excited to take part in reinventing healthcare
- Excels in computer science classes. Or skips them and works on side-projects all day
- Has experience in a systems language like Java, C++, or Go, and a scripting language like Python or Ruby
- Wants to work closely with product and design teams
Join us for a summer 2018 internship.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.