Oscar engineering is building modern software to reinvent the healthcare experience. Our interns work on high-impact projects across our front-end, mobile, platform, and data teams, building rich web applications, product backends and services – and the infrastructure that supports it all.
We set our interns for success: you’ll have the guidance and mentorship of one of our senior engineers, and we’ll pair you with a team that matches your interest. We want our interns to get a hands-on understanding of the different types of problems we’re solving and work on projects that excite them.
- Interactive care router using React and Google Maps, backed by a healthcare guidance engine based on NLP techniques
- Building easy-to-understand interfaces for our internal teams that aggregate and distill complex data sets
- Ingestion of health events via a real-time data pipeline, and a timeline to let members view their health history including doctor’s appointments, lab results, prescriptions, etc
- Building and improving the software infrastructure we run on: cluster management, service discovery, continuous integration
- Android and iOS apps for members to access their health information on the go and track their fitness activity
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has picked up good engineering habits at a previous internship
- Is excited to take part in reinventing healthcare
- Excels in computer science classes. Or skips them and works on side-projects all day
- Has experience in a systems language like Java, C++, or Go, and a scripting language like Python or Ruby
- Wants to work closely with product and design teams
Join us for a summer 2018 internship.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
Enterprise Technical Support - Bilingual Portuguese
Full Stack Software Engineer
Enjoy, Menlo Park, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Digital Marketing Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Junior Software Engineer
foodora Germany, Berlin
Sr. Sales Engineer (Remote)