Working closely with the broader IT team, you will serve as the front line for technical support. We are growing rapidly, and building most everything from scratch on Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys supporting systems with automation and security in mind, as well as provides cross-support for the other Oscar offices.
Within the first six months, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of Oscar’s internal IT function to support end users as efficiently as possible and increase SLAs
- Interject yourself throughout the organization to increase efficiency through technical solutions
- Comfortably participate in an on-call rotation to handle off-hours support requests
What it takes to excel in this role
- 1+ Years supporting large environments of Mac and Chrome OS users with an ability to patiently troubleshoot issues while helping to educate end users.
- Up to date knowledge about the latest tools and methods for managing these environments
- A strong bedside manner
- Experience with inventory control and provisioning laptops
- You love owning things: you’re proud of the things you build and thrive with responsibility
- Experience with call centers or phone systems
- Experience with Google Apps for Work a plus
- Experience with Casper Suite a plus plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.