Program Manager, Pharmaceuticals
Oscar is a new kind of insurer: we want to understand how the healthcare system works and develop ways to help our members navigate it more efficiently. We rely on a data-infused approach, deep clinical expertise, and a touch of creative insight to untangle complex health care cost problems.
About the Role:
The Pharmacy Team is responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing a company approach for the Oscar prescription drug benefit. As the Pharmaceutical Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving execution with the appropriate Oscar teams (e.g. network, data science, product, population health) and being the primary point of coordination within the company. The role will combine leadership in project execution with ongoing operational process improvement and capability building.
During your first six weeks:
- Quickly develop an informed view of Oscar’s current pharmacy benefit offering and operations - both internal and vendor delivered.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, understanding how their work fits in to the big picture.
Moving forward, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become the single point of integration within Oscar for all pharmaceutical related operations including: product development, operations, and contracting decisions.
- Interface with Oscar business leads to drive discussions that relate to pharmaceutical benefits, ensuring work stays on track and removing roadblocks as they arise.
- Contribute to key decision making and planning related to pharmacy activites and with direction from senior leadership represent the Oscar Pharmaceuticals Team internally and externally.
- Develop pharmaceutical industry subject matter expertise and become one of the company’s go-to resources for all pharmaceutical related needs.
We have no hard criteria in terms of prior experience; however, we are looking for people with a strong analytical background and operational experience, possibly in healthcare, finance, or consulting. In this role, you will be primarily working with data science, operations, and product teams. Your background should ideally include 3-5+ years of professional experience and most of the following:
- Building relationships - know how to manage across levels, personalities and working styles. Staying flexible but holding people accountable.
- Comfort with new languages - pharmaceutical and healthcare terminology don’t scare you.
- Project management - you’re excited about complex projects with long timelines, multiple dependencies, and unforeseen challenges. You get in the weeds to understand how a system/process works and constantly track down ways it can fail.
- An engineering mindset - you know how to think systematically about problems, never ad hoc.
- Explaining why - translating complex topics (medical and non-medical) with simple language, in writing and presentations.
- Asking why - you enjoy the hard work of asking questions, probing assumptions, and diving deep into narrow topics to understand why.
- Startup oriented - have a strong sense of urgency, a bias for action, thrive in fast paced environments and are excited by the challenge of building the tools and processes you need to do your job well.
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals oriented - familiarity with the industries Oscar operates in or an interest to learn more.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Operations Support Lead - IFP
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
Retail Manager (Enjoy Captain)
Enjoy, Houston, TX
Business Office Specialist
Vroom, Houston, TX
Partnership Manager - Italy
Junior Technical Integration Engineer (Norwegian speaking)
Tradeshift, Copenhagen, Denmark
Security Customer Advisor
Rapid7, Austin, TX