What we want you for
We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team and work directly with the Senior Manager of Accounting and Assistant Controller. You will own pieces of our financial accounting work that enables our innovative financial model to succeed as we grow. We understand and value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
What is this position?
This position is responsible for building out the structure of accounting at Oscar including working with the accounting team to iterate on and improve the closing plan, building out the integration with the operational teams, and ad hoc projects to keep the company running smoothly. Consistent with our business plan, the position has a strong opportunity to expand responsibilities.
In the first three months you will:
- Get up-to-speed on our in-house insurance operations data infrastructure,
- Take on the existing process for recording Premiums and Claims in the monthly close,
- Establish a plan to improve the reconciliation process for insurance operations general ledger accounts, and
- Participate in key decision meetings with operations/data teams to build-out financial reporting for the future in-house insurance operations data infrastructure
On an ongoing basis you will:
- Continuously challenge current processes as the business evolves, to potentially implement improvements in procedures, processes and systems, and
- Identify areas in Accounting for operational efficiency and partner with our technology team to develop better/smarter processes
- Work cross functionally with the Eligibility & Billing Team as well as the claims team to build deeper insights and tighter integrity processes.
Who are you?
We are looking for a detail oriented accounting professional that thrives in a fast paced startup environment who is not afraid to speak up, thinks big but appreciates the importance of details.
Must have qualifications include:
- 2-3 years of experience at a “Big 4” accounting firm or 4-5 years of experience in a fast paced environment
- BS degree in accounting or related field (CPA strongly preferred)
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have:
- Experience working with SQL
- Statutory Accounting Experience in Health, Life, or P&C insurance in the US
- Worked with current platforms: Netsuite, Concur, Bill.com, Tipalti, Workday
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Systems Analyst, Financial Systems Strategy - Revenue
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Manager, Indirect Tax
Indigo, Boston, MA
Sr. Risk Management Analyst - (Supplier, Vendor, 3rd Party Risk)
Visa, Miami FL, US
Associate Financial Analyst
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Manager, Marketing Planning & Analysis - APAC
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore