Senior Product Designer, Comms Platform
Oscar, Los Angeles
A better kind of health insurance company
Who are you?
- A designer with 4+ years of experience in the digital product space
- Portfolio demonstrating your ability to solve difficult problems through multiple case studies
- A systems-level design thinker and visionary
- You have an eye for clean design and are committed to creating elegant, simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows
- Ability to define and navigate ambiguity within your projects
- Experience collaborating with Product Managers on product briefs, scoping projects, and roadmapping
- Iterative design methodologies drive your ability to gather feedback early and often
- Utilize user research, analytics, and strategy to back your design choices
- Exceptional facilitator: you know how to usher projects of any scale through to launch and ensure you are always in sync with your Engineering and Product Management counterparts
- Capable of balancing user and business needs
- Exceptional foundational design skills (typography, composition, overall good design sensibilities) and a fundamental understand of front-end development
- Excited to contribute and take ownership of a set of applications
- Flexible in a fast-changing startup environment (able to “roll with the punches”)
- Sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Overly communicative with a mature toolbox of communication and teamwork styles
- Bonus; if you’ve worked within a mixed remote organization
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Lead whiteboarding and collaborative sessions to discover solutions
- Collaborate with other product designers to garner feedback on your work
- A goal we have at Oscar is to be the place where our members know and trust us to help them find answers, plan their care, and advise them.
- You’ll discover and define a tool that enables us to properly impact, route and improve the care our members experience.
This position is in our LA office and reports to the Director of Product Design in our NYC headquarters.
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. Oscar has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a note with links to your work and experience.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.