What is Oscar?
Oscar is a new kind of health insurance company. We’re using technology, data, and design to revolutionize healthcare We’ve brought together a talented team that is passionate about helping people navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry. Oscar is dedicated to offering a simpler and more human health insurance experience - our Provider Relations team is critical in achieving that mission by solving complex providers issues.
What is the role?
The Provider Relations Specialist sources information both from within the company, and externally from our Network Partners to help support the team with issue resolution. The Specialist runs point on tracking and trending issues and coordinating them with relevant departments and management, as needed.
On a daily basis you’ll:
- Gather and update content/workflows for the team
- Support a team of Provider Relations representatives
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure comprehensive and efficient resolution of issues within stated deadlines
- Conduct provider outreach on sensitive issues to educate, investigate, advocate and build/maintain positive relationships with our network of healthcare providers
- Assist and/or lead special projects to improve team processes that ensures thoughtful and efficient growth as Oscar expands to new products and geographies
Who are you?
- You are resourceful and enjoy solving complicated problems
- You are energized by helping people and seeing the positive impact of your efforts
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills and can effectively distill complex concepts into high-level summaries
- You are diligent and self-motivated
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity
- You are self-aware and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You have intermediate or advanced computer literacy skills
Other desired qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Prior healthcare or customer service experience
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Account Manager
Sovrn, Boulder Office
Software Engineer, Robotics
Postmates, San Francisco
Insight DevOps Engineering Fellows Program - New York
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 3, 2019 - New York
HERO Digital, Philadelphia
Specialist, Global Risk & Intelligence
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Intelligence Associate, Enterprise
CB Insights, CB Insights