Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations and processes, and lots more. And we work alongside some of the most talented technologists out there, with Product, Engineering and Design forming a tight, high-performing tandem.
As a Senior Product Manager in Search, you’ll play a key role in the Oscar story, from helping members find doctors and care to improving our search infrastructure to support various search tools.
In 2019, our team will be investing in more natural language search, making more content searchable, and better guiding and preparing our members for their doctor visits.
We’re relentlessly experimenting with and iterating on our features, solutions, and product experiences to drive measurable value for our members when engaging with our tools.
We’d love to hear about your experiences and interests to see what would be a great fit for you!
Search team domain:
- Broadening the types and quantity of content members can search for
- Developing a more robust doctor recommendation system for members
- Supporting more natural language search
- Streaming real-time data into search indices and maintaining a search cluster
- Keeping query services performant to meet a variety of client SLOs
- You have been a product manager for 3+ years
- Recent domain experience in search and/or relevance systems
- Experience conducting A/B testing
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills—you have experience using data to identify opportunities, test theories and evaluate success (hard data skills like SQL a must, scripting skills a plus).
- Strong collaborator—you love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others and can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
- A plus: direct experience with machine learning, NLP, or recommender systems
- A plus: experience with data label collection
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Management Intern
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Senior Design Program Manager
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Director, Product Management
White Ops, New York, Boston
Senior UX Researcher
Director of Product Design
Creative Market, U.S.
Tooling Engineer- Footwear Development
Brooks Running, Vietnam, HCM City