We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the role:
As an Oscar Sales Executive, you will be responsible for driving membership growth through our broker and general agent partnerships. You will drive the broker strategy, ensuring insurance agents across our service area (Los Angeles & Orange County) have the information and tools to effectively sell Oscar’s unique and innovative individual and small business products. You will cover a broad range of duties including developing business relationships, representing Oscar at trade shows, and providing market intelligence and feedback to help us grow and win more membership in a mature market segment.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your entrepreneurial and creative talents and play an important role in our growth in the Western Region.
- Build and manage broker and GA relationships in the assigned geographic market
- Identify and test new growth opportunities, sharing learnings with broader sales team
- Meet or exceed sales goals while providing great service to distribution partners
- Provide local competitive intelligence and market research
- Be the voice of brokers and consumers within Oscar
Who are you?
- Highly entrepreneurial with a combination of hustle, creativity, and intellect
- Excellent sales and communication skills. You will be the face of Oscar in the market and must build and maintain excellent relationships with local distribution partners
- Proactive, strategic, and ready to roll up your sleeves to make an immediate impact
- Passionately committed to providing great service and going above and beyond to deliver a great experience for our brokers and their clients
- An independent self-starter comfortable working in a startup environment
- Bachelor's Degree and a proven ability to drive revenue growth, with 4+ years in sales roles
- Experience in health insurance sales is a plus, but not required
- Active CA Health Insurance Agent License required by start date.
- Some travel, mostly within LA & Orange Counties.
- Excellent presentation and technical demo skills.
- Familiarity with Google suite (business apps), and Salesforce a plus.
- Humility, maturity, and lack of ego
- Data-driven, with a point of view and an open mind
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Manager - Washington D.C.
HashiCorp, Washington D.C.
Global Partner Representative - Global Ecosystem Team (SI Alliances)
Pivotal Software, Anywhere in the US
Alliances Sales Engineer EMEA
Enterprise Account Manager - Revpro-East
Zuora, Boston, MA
Account Executive - Mid Market (Germany)
Samsara, London, UK
Sales Development Representative
Datto, Sydney, AUS