We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Oscar’s Regulatory Affairs team uses data and technology to ensure that the company’s insurance product designs, filings, and member-facing communications meet the expectations set by our regulators across nine states. Partnering with our colleagues in Sales, Broker Support, Marketing, Product/Engineering, Data, and Business Development, we lead the company in simplifying and scaling the operations that drive a world-class Regulatory Affairs experience.
As a Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for managing the proprietary products and systems that help Oscar define and distribute innovative insurance products. In this role, you will own the following at Oscar:
- Manage, train, provide feedback and assign duties for direct reports to support their professional growth and ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness in their roles.
- Support management of regulatory submissions team to research, prepare, file and negotiate approval of all commercial (small group and individual) binder and form filings as well as track timely and accurate submission of all business unit regulatory requirements; conduct periodic selective audits of business unit filings.
- Oversee the generation, distribution, and automation of member-facing regulatory communications, including supporting the development of EOCs, SBCs, SOBs, renewal notices, welcome kits, and eligibility letters. These notices are sent to each policyholder on an annual basis and are a key milestone for every member.
- Manage account relationships with state and federal regulators, including Oscar’s relationship with CMS and state insurance regulatory bodies.
- Technical and operational enablement of Oscar’s plan portfolio as we expand into new markets and lines of business. You will be the glue that holds together stakeholders from Product, Network, Marketing, and Plan Design to operationalize what we sell and where we’re selling it.
Who are you?
- 3 to 5 years of relevant business operations, healthcare product, or project management experience, ideally with 2+ year of independently managing projects from ideation to execution.
- Highly proficient in Excel (PivotTables, VBA [macros preferred]) with some modeling experience.
- Experienced working in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or BigQuery.
- Able to identify upstream problems and recommend efficient solutions to multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to operate cross-functionally and chase down answers. You get things done, even if it’s crunch time
- Project management. You have experience managing complicated projects, keeping track of details, and staging work to deliver projects on time. You pay attention to details.
- A proven leader with a track record of people management and supporting strong teams.
- You have passion for healthcare and a knack for making things more systematic.
Above all else:
- You are friendly, thoughtful, and kind.
- You demonstrate humility, maturity, and a lack of ego.
- You always develop a point of view but keep an open mind.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Markforged, Watertown, MA
Customer Service and Payment Support Specialist, ODX
OnDeck, Denver, CO
Coordinator, Physical Production - India
Netflix, Mumbai, India
Store Reviewer – Inspection/Audit Retail- Independent Contractor
ISN Corporation, Nashville TN, US
Sales Advisor (Part-Time), Fashion Island
Warby Parker, Newport Beach, CA
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Dataminr, New York