What is the Position?
At Oscar, we work hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. This year, Oscar’s member population nearly tripled to 250,000 members. Approximately 5,000 members will need see a doctor outside of Oscar’s network for non-urgent, specialized care. In these cases, Oscar’s Single Case Agreement (SCA) Contracting team negotiates contracts for a single patient to receive care from an out-of-network provider. Because members often need this care urgently, the SCA Contracting team is a fast-paced, cost-conscious and fastidious team.
As a SCA Contracting analyst, you will play a central role in ensuring that these contracts are executed quickly and carefully. You will compile and price contracts for our members to receive care from out-of-network providers, reach out and follow up to get these contracts signed, and input terms of the signed contract to our claims team so that providers are paid properly. You will ensure timely and accurate contracting for approved out-of-network care, and connect providers to senior SCA Contracting analysts when they have questions or wish to negotiate contracts.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
During your first six weeks:
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of the contract drafting and execution processes.
- Contributed to the reduction of the daily SCA Contracting inventory.
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis:
You continue to...
- Become an in-house expert on SCA contracting processes.
- Ensure that all SCA contracts are turned around within required timelines.
- Contribute to teamwide goals to improve the SCA Contracting team outcomes.
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Fastidious attention to detail and drive to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Eagerness to grow, learn, and collaborate as a member of a fast-paced team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions.
- Demonstrated interest and experience working in the healthcare industry.
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, and revenue codes.
- Strong Google Sheets and Excel skills.
- Proven track record of excellence in both organic and formal settings.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Data Analytics Engineer
Komodo Health, San Francisco, California
Business Analytics Lead
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Operations Research (OR) Analyst
Cerebri AI, Toronto, ON
Data Scientist, Operations
Doctolib, Paris, France