What we want you for
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We are changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
In this role, you will join our Risk team and work directly with Actuaries and Data Scientists. You will own pieces of our actuarial work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand and value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
What is the position?
- Support pricing and rate filing functions
- Reporting for both internal and external stakeholders
- Perform trend analysis and experience monitoring
- Build and maintain models used for determining actuarial accruals as well as for financial forecasting purposes
Who are you?
- You're an Associate of the Society of Actuaries or on track to become one
- You have 2+ years of relevant actuarial experience in healthcare
- You have knowledge of the healthcare industry, products and business cycles/trends
- You have experience working with large databases and analyzing claims data
- You have outstanding communication, judgement, and presentation skills
- You thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Legal Operations Analyst, Law Enforcement
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Manager Operations, Domain Experts
Associate, Marketing Planning & Analysis
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Associate, Finance
Splash, New York Office
MBA Strategy Internship - Spring 2018
BuzzFeed, New York