Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare. And now, we’re bringing all of this and more to the Medicare Advantage (MA) space.
In this role, you will play an essential role in launching our Medicare Advantage (MA) business. You will be responsible to build, implement, and continually execute on a Medicare Star Ratings program - setting up the organizational governance, working with Analytics & Data Science teams to build the right models & tracking, and working with our Operations and Clinical teams on designing the programs and interventions to improve Stars measures. You will join the Medicare Advantage organization and report directly to the General Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model reach new members.
What is the position?
- Build our Medicare Star Ratings program in 2019
- Develop & implement a governance structure
- Design requirements for each function and determine their resource needs
- Work with each function to be ready for 1/1/2020
- Ensure 4+ Star performance in 2020
- Continue to build the program in 2020
- Monitor success
- Drive outcomes and intervene where necessary
Who are you?
- You have Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- You have 7+ years of work experience in Medicare Advantage Quality Improvement & STARS, ideally both Part C and Part D
- You have been personally accountable for achieving STARS outcomes
- You have built or managed 4+ STARS programs
- You have experience in and enjoy managing large projects that require strong organizational skills and collaborating with a broad array of different teams within an organization
- You are a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items
- You have acute attention to detail and always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You get things done, even if it’s crunch time
- You have passion for healthcare and a knack for making processes more systematic
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Lead Finance Systems - Java & MeanStack
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Corporate Legal Manager
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Capital Markets Associate
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Cloud Automation & Tools System Engineer
Shape Security, Draper, Utah
Account Manager, Ohio Northeast
Indigo, Freemont, OH
Corporate Development Associate
Squarespace, New York, NY