Oscar is seeking a strategic, thoughtful and empathetic senior leader to build, strengthen and further define our diversity and inclusion strategy. In this role, you will be the key thought leader and advisor to Oscar's executive leadership team around diversity and a strategic partner to business leaders across the organization. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in building, implementing and measuring strategies and programs that strengthen talent management, workforce representation, inclusion, and employee engagement at Oscar.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with executives, managers, team members and HR partners to provide advice and guidance on complex D&I issues resulting in the best solution that will benefit the team and the business.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, internally to Oscar and externally to the marketplace, in diversity and talent strategy.
- Be an internal resource for executives, managers and team members and counsel on complex D&I issues, helping find solutions that benefit the team and the business.
- Create, leverage and drive data and metrics to inform our approach, hold leaders accountable and communicate priorities.
- Advise and guide Oscar’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and grow them into strategic business advisors for the organization.
- Iterate on and elevate Oscar's D&I strategy, which may include:
- Defining accountability measures across the company
- Drafting and publishing our annual D&I Report
- Running our semi-annual Inclusion Survey and using the data to create initiatives that increase employee belonging.
- Creating semi-annual Executive Leadership Scorecards with strategic advice on how to improve D&I scores for excellent business outcomes
- Partner with L&D vendors to create and execute leadership, management and employee development programs to increase inclusion at Oscar.
- Establish Oscar as a leader of belonging and equity in HR and Recruiting practices.
- Oversee Oscar's Equal Opportunity compliance programs, ensuring all decisions, activities, programs, and services are equitable, objective and do not discriminate (or adversely impact) current (or potential) team members or stakeholders
- Manage the D&I budget and resources
- Be a subject matter expert best practices and current trends in diversity and inclusion
- Strengthen our external brand as a firm that values and celebrates diversity to attract and retain the best talent
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of experience developing and executing diversity and inclusion strategies and programs in a growing organization
- Ability to handle complex employee relations issues with discretion, serving as a mediator and guide to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization
- Experience advising and growing Employee Resource Groups.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to use data to create, develop and execute positive people strategies
- Be a true hands-on doer who loves to execute on positive and impactful people programs
- Excel at, and deeply enjoy, partnering with team members on executing programs and events
- Experience in the HR and/or Recruiting functions a huge plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.