Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Product Manager, you’ll work closely with a team of engineers and designers to build the next-generation of consumer experiences, and partner with engineering and operations teams to develop systems and processes that are both stable and scalable.
Every Oscar Product Manager plays a key role in driving forward our mission of refactoring healthcare to build richer connections and take the best care of our members. Some examples of how we improve the member experience are enabling members to understand their coverage and the features we provide, helping members find doctors, hospitals, and other facilities that are appropriate for their healthcare needs, educating members on what drugs and benefits are covered and their cost-shares, and lots more.
- Providers and facilities: You’ll focus on helping members find and evaluate doctors and facilities for their care needs using our member-facing care search tools.
We’d love to hear about your experiences and interests to see if Oscar’s Product team would be a good fit for you!
- User Focused. You position users at the center of your product management process. You are eager to drive user research and amplify insights with your team and stakeholders, and have experience conducting A/B testing.
- Technically Minded. You love learning about new technology and products! You have excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with experience using data to identify opportunities, test theories and evaluate success.
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; you’re curious by nature and excited to get into the details and become an expert in our tech-enabled health insurance offering. Product management is a difficult and nuanced role, and you’re eager to learn from our team.
- Empathetic. You try to understand other disciplines and viewpoints, and can bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others and can also take the lead when duty calls.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing multiple small and large projects at the same time and getting things done.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 1-3+ years. (We’re serious!)
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Defining the strategy and business/user goals of your features and product area(s).
- Working with a team of engineers, designers, and other internal stakeholders to design and build technology products and rally your team around the roadmap and vision.
- Making sure your team’s product launches are on track and high quality, while continuously weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, quality, and helping your team adjust as needed.
- Using data and user research to inform decisions, identify potential improvements, and measure your success.
- Coordinating and organizing work across multiple teams and business functions within Oscar.
- Testing, monitoring, and maintaining the areas you’re responsible for to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Research Engineer
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
Senior Software Engineer - iOS
Squarespace, New York, NY
Product Manager - Ecosystem
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Principal Designer, Brand Design
Vox Media, Remote, NYC, DC
Senior Product Designer
Squarespace, New York
Group Product Manager
Squarespace, New York, NY