Hi, we’re Oscar.
We’re changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service, and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
The Regulatory Affairs team is responsible for managing day to day contact with all our regulators, securing approval of Oscar’s plan portfolio via annual filings, monitoring compliance with ongoing reporting obligations, and ensuring member-facing communications meet the expectations set by our regulators.
As a Network Associate for Regulatory Affairs, you will be responsible for preparing and submitting Oscar’s annual QHP filings and monitoring compliance with ongoing reporting obligations to regulatory bodies, associations, and exchanges. This role will have an emphasis on provider network regulatory filings and submission for markets Oscar currently operates in, and state license filings for future markets. You will work closely alongside other Oscar teams including Network Strategy, Legal, Actuarial, and Sales to ensure Oscar’s full regulatory compliance.
In this role, you will support the Regulatory Affairs Manager in doing the following at Oscar:
- Support the preparation and submission of annual QHP filings (form, binder, rate, network) with state regulators, state exchanges, and CMS.
- Document, track, and support network regulatory filings and submissions, including network adequacy, provider directory, timely access reports, and other routine filings.
- Clean and format provider data to meet regulatory submission requirements.
- Compile documents for regulatory filings and submissions.
- Support the project management and development of Provider Manuals. These manuals are filed with certain regulators and sent to our providers on a periodic basis.
- Maintain the Network components of a company-wide calendar for regulatory filings and submissions.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in business operations, consulting, project management, or healthcare, ideally with 1+ years of independently managing projects from ideation to execution.
- Strong Excel Skills.
- You are collaborative and able to balance and prioritize cross-functional requirements.
- You have acute attention to detail.
Nice-to-have qualifications and skills:
- A technical bend and the ability to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. SQL/Python)
- You enjoy the problem-solving process and deriving structure and clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs
- Experience in healthcare, or another highly regulated industry a strong plus
- Interest in the regulatory compliance world
Above all else:
- You are friendly, thoughtful, and kind.
- You demonstrate humility, maturity, and a lack of ego.
- You always develop a point of view but keep an open mind.
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Datto, Reading, UK
Technical Account Manager
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Senior Solutions Consultant, Employee Experience - Latin America
Qualtrics, Santiago, Chile
Sales Development Representative
Vimeo, New York, NY
UX Product Designer
Pivotal Software, Washington D.C.
Lead, QA Applications & SDK
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Plantation, FL (HQ), Culver City, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel