(Associate) Director, Hospital Systems Contracting
Oscar, New York
A better kind of health insurance company
As Oscar Health continues to expand to new markets across the country, an essential component is negotiating high-quality contracts with national and regional Physician Groups and Hospital Systems.
In this role, you will lead negotiations with Oscar’s most critical Physician Group and System partners. You will collaborate with our division’s leaders and other internal stakeholders to understand and represent Oscar’s operational, financial, and member experience goals as well as regulatory requirements. You will be project managing a large deal funnel across multiple markets and ultimately owning negotiations with key Physician Groups and Systems. You will ultimately also manage a team of high-caliber associates supporting this work.
In your first 6 weeks you will:
- Become well-acquainted with Oscar’s internal operations and technology-driven approach to curating strong, high-quality networks for our members.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the rate structures, economics, and core contractual provisions of Oscar’s Physician Group partnerships.
- Form strong working relationships with internal stakeholders across the company and understand the impact of our contractual terms on their work streams.
- Become an essential part of the drafting, negotiation, and initial operationalization of critical Physician Group deals.
Moving forward, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Independently lead, own, and refine our process for contractual negotiations (including legal language and rates) with new and existing Physician Groups from end to end, including maintaining a consistent standard for Physician Group negotiations across the team.
- Own and manage the full lifecycle of a portfolio of deals (i.e. from strategy development to template generation to negotiation to account management handoffs).
- Operate, refine and manage a recruiting/sales funnel of large physician groups.
- Collaborate with deal owners, account managers, and other Oscar teams and stakeholders.
- Build robust and iterative processes that improve the outcomes of Oscar's physician contracting efforts, focusing on clear metrics and reporting.
- Incubate and manage a strong and growing deal team, improving their negotiating abilities and deepening their level of understanding of the subject matter.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in sales, negotiation, healthcare industry exposure as well as a background in a client-facing, leadership role. Other key components for success include:
- 10+ years of work experience in healthcare partnerships, revenue cycle management, contracting, or business development.
- A strong analytical background and the ability to quickly digest and evaluate complex legal contracts, including rate structures, economics, and other quantitative aspects of negotiations
- Experience working with healthcare systems, payers, and/or physician groups
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking, and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with intricate negotiations
- The flexibility to work both with and without structure
- Demonstrated comfort in collaborating with executive stakeholders
- A JD, MBA, or other professional degree from a top program with a clear track record of excellence
- Experience with early-stage enterprises (e.g. building a company or standing up a new functional area)
- Background in process building and operational improvement
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manufacturing Intern (Fall 2019)
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Sr. Data Analyst
Vroom, New York City, NY
Senior Recommendation System Analyst
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
BlueVine, Redwood City, CA
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Red Ventures, Los Angeles, CA