At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
The Market P&L Group is responsible for overseeing and maximizing risk-adjusted profitability across Oscar’s book of business. As leader of a region for our Market P&L Group, the Regional Market Leader will maintain and oversee 9-10 digits’ worth of premiums, generated from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of members. They will ensure we achieve critical financial targets and work with stakeholders across the company to drive growth, profitability, and quality member and provider experiences with Oscar. Furthermore, the Regional Market Leader will ensure that our strategic vision and financial interests are reflected in the networks we build, while continually improving our existing operations, so we can continue on our path of establishing Oscar as a nationally trusted brand in healthcare.
As Regional Market Leader, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and leaders to understand Oscar’s business goals and regulatory requirements, drive the evolution of our business strategies, and shape our most critical hospital system deals. You will oversee a deal team focused on developing hospital executive relationships within Oscar’s expansion markets, negotiating a portfolio of active deals, and ensuring that your Regional team is aligned toward maximizing risk-adjusted profitability.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Shape, maintain and oversee the business plan for your market (i.e., 9-10 digits’ worth of premiums generated from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of members).
- Generate financial insights that will ensure Oscar’s long-term sustainability, and work with internal departments and leaders to execute on these insights.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key hospital system leaders and oversee high-level transactions within your market.
- Ensure a high-quality Oscar experience for members and providers.
- Incorporate new product lines and grow existing product lines.
- Ensure a high standard of excellence for both expansion and existing operations within your market.
- Serve as a senior ambassador across the company and externally for Oscar’s commercial interests.
Key components for success include:
- 10+ years of work experience, prior P&L responsibility, and a strong leadership and client-facing background. Preference for experience in the healthcare industry.
- Track record of successfully managing business units and economic drivers with a multi-year trajectory; particularly identifying and transforming key healthcare financial drivers.
- A strong financial/analytical background, and the ability to quickly digest and evaluate complex financial structures and large amounts of data in order to make commercially intelligent business decisions.
- Executive presence and ability to communicate with and lead presentations for senior leaders, including C-level executives both internally and externally.
- Strength in negotiations involving complex economics and communication thereof with internal and external stakeholders.
- Orientation towards designing processes systematically while being able to execute quickly within a fast-paced, fluid and goal-oriented environment.
A plus, but not required:
- An MBA or other professional degree from a top-tier program with a clear track record of excellence.
- Experience with growth-stage enterprises and scaling departments and processes.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.